301 Yamato Rd #4110, Boca Raton, FL 33431, United States

Need Help?


Board Certified Boca Raton Child Support Lawyer

Boca Raton Family

Board Certified Boca Raton Child Support Lawyer

The end of a relationship can be a very difficult and emotional experience and the stress may be compounded exponentially when children are involved. Whether you were married and going through a divorce or were unmarried co-parents who are in the process of separating, issues relating to child custody and child assist can be especially difficult to solve.

Board Certified Boca Raton Child Custody Lawyer

You may be fearful about how you’re going to support your child – a prospect that can be terrifying for any loving parent. You may also be feeling angry and frustrated with your former partner, particularly if you cannot arrive at an agreement for youngster support.

Viewed as one of the most sought-after Boca Raton child support Lawyer, Attorney Tina L. Lewert, of The Lewert Law Offices, is here to help you navigate this difficult experience by providing legal counsel and representation in your child support, child custodyalimony or divorce case.

Attorney Tina Lewert is a board-certified specialist in family law and divorce. She can also assist with cases involving a parent who is refusing to pay child assist in accordance with an existing court order or agreement.

As a top Boca Raton child support lawyer specializing in family law, Attorney Lewert is a Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediation Lawyer who is well-positioned to help you negotiate a favorable youngster assist agreement. Mediation gives you a chance to arrive at an agreement without the court’s intervention; if this is not possible, you can bring your case before a judge who can rule on issues such as alimony, child custody and child assist.

If you’re seeking an experienced family law and Boca Raton Divorce Lawyer who can help you through your divorce or need help revising an existing child custody and child support arrangement, Attorney Tina Lewert of The Lewert Law Offices is here to assist. Begin the process by calling for a free consultation at (561) 544-6861.

Common Questions When Seeking Child Support in Florida

As a top Boca Raton Child Support Lawyer, divorce lawyer and board-certified professional specializing in family law, Tina Lewert believes that answering your questions and helping you understand what to expect are two very important elements of the process. This can eliminate some of the fear and stress that you may be experiencing.

Whether you’re trying to establish an agreement for youngster support for the first time or need to modify an existing child support order, an experienced Florida family law attorney can be a valuable ally. The following are a few of the most common questions that parents may have when dealing with legal matters surrounding youngster support.

Do I Have to Go to Court in Order to Finalize a Child Support Agreement in Florida?
If you and your former partner are in agreement about the terms of your youngster assist arrangement and child custody agreement, then it may be possible to avoid court appearances. It may only be necessary for you to submit the documentation to the court for finalization.

If you are unable to arrive at an agreement on youngster assist through the mediation process, you may need to go before a judge who will then evaluate the facts in your case and make a determination for what kind of child support arrangement would be appropriate for your circumstances.

What is Mediation? How Can It Help Me Get Child Support?
If you’re seeking to get child support in Florida, you may wish to take part in mediation. Mediation is a cooperative, non-adversarial process where both parents work together to arrive at an agreement. This provides both individuals with a sense of empowerment, as you have a say in the final agreement. Otherwise, your case will be decided by a judge.

The mediation process will be overseen by a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator like Attorney Tina L. Lewert. She is Boca Raton youngster assist lawyer and divorce attorney who specializes in all aspects of family law.

I’m Not Married to the Parent of My Child. Can I Still Get Child Support?
It is possible to get youngster support even if you were never married to the child’s other parent. The Florida family courts can address a request for youngster support and child custody as part of a divorce case or as part of a stand-alone case or paternity involving two parents who were never married to each other.

How is Child Support Decided if the Parents Live in Different States?
In cases where two parents live in different states, the process of deciding what, if any, child support will be awarded can be more complex. The major challenge entails determining which court has jurisdiction in the case. This can be determined based upon the location where any existing youngster support orders were issued, where the parents currently live, where the child currently lives, how long the youngster and parents have lived in each state, and so on. Your family law attorney can provide you with a recommendation based on the specifics in your case.

Can We Change Our Child Custody and Child Support Agreement?
Yes, it is possible to alter your youngster support arrangement or your youngster custody agreement. You may arrive at a new agreement through mediation and submit it to the court. If this is not possible, you may need to go before a judge to request the youngster support modification.

My Former Partner Isn’t Paying Child Support. Can You Help?
If the other party is not making youngster support or alimony payments, you can go to the courts to request intervention.

If your former partner is not paying child support in accordance to the orders that were put forth by the court, this can constitute contempt. But even parents who drew up a mutually-agreeable youngster support arrangement that has been filed with the Florida family courts are legally obligated to pay.

How Long Does it Take for the Courts to Decide Child Support in Florida?
In instances where both parents have made an agreement through mediation, it may take just a few weeks to formalize this agreement in the court system.

In a situation where you need to appear before a family court judge to seek assistance, it can take anywhere from a few months to nearly a year or longer to resolve the situation depending upon the complexity of your case and how busy the court system happens to be at that particular point in time.

Selecting a Boca Raton Child Support Lawyer

Choosing the right lawyer from the many different Boca Raton Child support attorneys is the first step toward finalizing your child support agreement or working through any youngster support-related issues.

Any reputable Florida family law attorney will offer a free consultation. This serves as a chance for you to share the basic facts in your case. You can also ask questions, such as:

  • Do you specialize in family law and youngster support?
  • Do you have any special certifications?
  • Do you or your law firm offer family law mediation services?
  • What kind of fees and payment structure should I expect if I select you to serve as my attorney?

These questions will help you to determine if you’re selecting the right legal professional to handle your case.

Contact An Experienced Child Support Lawyer In Boca Raton

If you’re seeking help from a family law attorney, turn to one of the top Boca Raton child support attorneys. Contact Tina L. Lewert of The Lewert Law Offices for a free, consultation by calling (561) 544-6861.