Tina L. Lewert is a Board Certified Boca Raton divorce lawyer who has successfully helped many clients with the divorce process. Lewert Law, LLC, can also help you with family law matters such as child custody and visitation, parenting arrangements, alimony, child support, as well as marital agreements.
(Boca Raton, FL, February 2023) If you’re considering getting a divorce or are already in the process, you may be wondering how to prepare yourself before meeting with your divorce attorney. In a blog post, Lewert Law, LLC, talks about how to prepare yourself before meeting with your Boca Raton divorce attorney.
The process of finding the right divorce attorney that you feel comfortable with is important. You do not want to rush through this process. It is important to do your research, but even more important to meet or talk with potential divorce lawyers so that you can ask them questions directly.
Before meeting with a divorce attorney, you should have a clear understanding of your individual case. This means being able to articulate the facts of your situation and having an idea of what you want to achieve through the divorce proceedings.
Once you know the basics of your case, it’s time to start researching potential Boca Raton divorce lawyers. Look for expert divorce attorneys who specialize in divorce and family law and have experience handling cases similar to yours. Read online reviews and check out the lawyer’s website to learn more about their practice. You can also ask friends or family members for recommendations.
Here are some questions you may want to ask your potential divorce attorney:
- Do you specialize in divorce law, or do you also handle other areas of family law? How long have you been practicing law?
- Could you give me a rundown of the steps you’ll take to approach my case, as well as an estimate of how long it will take?
- What situations do you consider to be emergencies, and how quickly can you return my calls?
- Is it possible to meet with the entire team who will be working on my case?
- How much does your service cost, and what is the billing structure?
- What other types of costs should I be prepared for, such as private investigators, accountants, physicians, psychologists, etc.?
- How much do you think this divorce will cost?
- Can you explain to me how the divorce will affect my taxes?
If you are getting a divorce, you will need to be prepared to negotiate with your spouse about various issues. These issues can include child custody, visitation, property division, and spousal support.
You will need to be prepared to discuss these issues with your Boca Raton divorce attorney and come to an agreement on how to best resolve them. It is important that you have a clear understanding of what you want before meeting with your divorce lawyer so that you can effectively communicate your goals.
If you are looking for an expert divorce attorney in Boca Raton, FL, contact Lewert Law, LLC today.
About Lewert Law, LLC
Lewert Law, LLC is a Boca Raton family law firm that offers sound legal advice and trustworthy representation in a wide range of family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, equitable distribution of assets and debts, alimony, and more. If you need a Board Certified Boca Raton family lawyer, contact Lewert Law, LLC today for a free consultation to discuss your family law case.
Lewert Law, LLC
301 Yamato Rd #4110
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Distribution Links +